How to Configure Outlook for Windows for Office 365
You can configure Microsoft Outlook to access your Office 365 account by setting up an Exchange connection. An Exchange connection provides access your email, calendar, contacts, and tasks in Outlook.
You can also set up Outlook to access your email by using IMAP. However, if you use IMAP you can only access your email from Outlook, not your calendar, contacts, and tasks
- You must enable SMTP feature from your office 365 admin portal.
- Disable Two-factor authentication
Configure Outlook for Windows
- Incoming Server (IMAP): outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption: SSL/TLS
- Outgoing Server Address: smtp.office365.com
- Port Number: 587 (With TLS)
- Username: Your Office 365 Address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: Your Office 365 Password
- Authentication: Required
- Sending Limits: 10,000 Emails a day